Coldwell Banker

Coldwell Banker
We Never Stop Moving

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mortgage Pre-Approvals... Not what they used to be.

I received an interesting email today from a Mortgage Broker, Darlene Hinton. Usually I disregard the bombardment of emails I get from Mortgage Brokers, but the first line really caught my attention since I have one property which I have now sold three times because the Buyers financing on the first two deals fell apart before the removal of the financing condition.

Mortgage Pre-approvals are not what they used to be. In times past, a client could depend on a bank's word when they gave them preapproval to start shopping. That's just not the case anymore. I see it all the time. . . clients happily shopping (and putting in an offer to purchase) confident they were golden with their bank. . . only to find there was some glitch. There are too many to list, but it could be something as inane as the address of the property the client wants to buy or an issue with the source of a client's downpayment. Maybe the clients credit rating drops between Pre-approval and Offer to Purchase. It could be anything.

Many of these issues can be avoided by using a Broker who takes the time to establish a personal relationship with their client. I try to gather every fact I can so as to avoid unneccesary stress and disappointment. But perhaps even more importantly. . . I have access to a plethora of Lenders that would be happy to step in should a Lender get cold feet.

Do you want to save both yourself and your client precious time? Call me for your homebuyers financng. . .and let's close more deals. . faster and more efficiently.    :)

Call me. I can help.

--
DARLENE HINTON
 

Mortgage Agent
Touch Residential Capital
License #M10001367
Phone: 705-331-6774

No comments:

Post a Comment