Coldwell Banker

Coldwell Banker
We Never Stop Moving

Friday, February 27, 2009

My Thoughts on The Market... as a Realtor


February 09 is coming to a close this weekend, and I must say, I have had a great month selling Real Estate. Both in Commercial and Residential Resales.

Of course, in my business, I never feel like I'm busy enough, but given the fact that I have heard from others that they have been having a terrible Winter, I don't feel too bad about where I am. Besides, historically this is always the slowest time of the year to be doing deals. Please make sure you return to this page to view the Market Stats for February when I post them on the Second Tuesday of the Month.

(I will be posting the previous month's Market Data on this page on the Second Tuesday of the Month, with Graphs and a commentary on the month)


It's definately going to be tougher to get homes sold than it was 2 years ago where you could get some Joe Blow agent to list your home for 1% commission and it be sold in a week. Those times are gone. The days on Market number is creeping up, meaning it is taking far longer to get homes sold in this market. The most important aspect of Selling in a down market is to be priced properly. Followed by making sure your home shows its best.


Entrusting a Full Time Realtor that knows the local market is going to be the most valuable move you make when listing your home. They are aware of Neighbourhood sales and have likely even got a chance to view the home and have the knowledge as to why properties sell for what they do. Knowing the comp's is a crucial element, and I'm not just talking about looking at the pictures that were on MLS, I mean getting in the home and taking a good look around.


Fun Facts about Real Estate in Newmarket/Aurora:

- As of Feb 27, 2009, there are 617* Realtors registered with Brokerages in Newmarket/Aurora... this does not include the surrounding towns... that is a lot of Agents. 426 of which are registered with Newmarket Brokerages, 191 with Aurora Brokerages.

- IN 2008, the most expensive home sold in Aurora was sold for $4,200,000.00. A home located within the gated Community of Adena Meadows**. In 2008 the most expensive home sold in Newmarket was sold for $910,000.00. A home located on Coventry Hill Trail**.


*Stat from Realtor.ca

**According to the Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)

1 comment: